Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Internet on computer through 8310

Hello everyone,

I am a soldier stationed in Germany and purchased a phone on the economy here. I paid for the service to be able to link my computer to my phone to use it for the internet. The local sales person does not speak very much English and I was unable to have them help me. Does anyone have an idea how to set up my computer/BB so that I can get an internet connection, I can browse the internet from my phone; it is just so small and would prefer to use my computer. Also the second thing that I am wondering is about the maps and gps on my phone. When I pull up the maps on the my phone it is just a gray area, no maps are provided. And when I try the GPS it just continues to poll for its position. Any help would be grateful. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Michael Garner

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Internet on computer through 8310

Check the following knowledge base to set up your device as IP modem to browse internet in your computer or laptop -

BlackBerry maps will work if the map of your country is available with them. Try downloading Google maps in your device from Google. It works quite well!! and it's free too.

Go to your browser and type http://www.google.com/gmm -> click on Download Google Maps.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit