Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Internet via WAP and WI-FI

Hi people,

I hope you'll be able to help me. 

I bought my first Blackberry a month ago. Switched on the BB data plan (from O2) together with Internet Flatrate pack 2 weeks later. Before I switched it on I was using an internet on my BB via WI-FI (I thought I used via it). Today I received a monthly bill for my phone and was shocked by how much I have to pay (over €300 just for the internet). Apparently I've been connected thru the WAP service for 2 weeks before I switched on the internet flatrate. :-(

I will try to go and talk to my network provider tonight. We'll see what he can do about this bill. But I don't set my expectations to high. :-(

I have another question...

There are 2 options how to use an internet on my BB phone: via WAP and via WI-FI. For the first one I have to pay to my provider, the second one is free for my phone. I've already found out that it depends on the "browser configuration". In my case I have 3 of them: Internet-Browser, WAP browser and Hotspot Browser. The WAP browser is to surf with the help of my network provider (payable), Hotspot Browser is via WI-FI (free) if I correctly understood. But what about the first one, Internet Browser? Is it for both options together or not? If yes, which one comes first then (the one that sits in the 'default' under "General properties" in the Browser Option)?

I would highly appreciate your help. Meanwhile I go and check with my network provider regarding the huge bill I received today. :-(

Thanks,

Randy.