Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
annecol
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Internet

Please assist - my browser freezes regularly or just hangs and never quite loads the page.  Also if I do get it to load it seems to think im in Australia as always brings that up first as opposed to areas close to me.

Do I need to load software etc as the when the page loads if is does it is often not edited for mobile.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Internet

Hello annecol

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Please try this first , Open your Browser - Press the Menu key - Options - Scroll down to Clear Browsing Data ( mark all the fields within ) then Clear now.After that perform a Battery pull restart like this Device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait for a and Re-insert it back to the device wait  till your device takes a long Reboot. I hope it will fix your browser freezing.

And regarding your second problem please give us some more detail like why you or your browser  think you are in austraila.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annecol
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi

I have done this but after one internet session I keep having to re do it-  for instance if I search find what Im looking for and then try do another search it looks like its loading a page and then the blue bar goes all the way to the end and just hangs.  I can not get onto the Facebook mobile site at all.

In response to my second problem, when I do a search say for instance restaurants in the area it will bring up areas in australia and this pertains to every search I do although I am not in that timezone but perhaps I need to change a setting on my phone.  If I want to identify South Africa I literally have to say italian restaurant pe south africa

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi annecol

So clearing your Browser data did not help As you mentioned yes you can  Reloading your device OS . ,But before reloading your device OS please try those two simple steps to see if that helps :

Go to Options > Advance Options > Service Books > Scroll and search for BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service Book > Press the menu key and delete then .After that Do a battery pull restart.

Then again go to Options >  Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Press the Menu key and click Register Now. Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box. This will refreshand resend  your Browser Service Books. If even after this you feel the same problem then you can try reloading your device OS.

And for your Second problem  you may have to change your default search engine ,For example if you want to change your search engine to South Africa then try this :

Open your Browser > Press menu key > Options > Manage search engine > Add a New Search Engine > 

Name it Google za  on address field type this    http://google.co.za/m/search?q=%s . In the same way edit your home page to http://google.co.za  

I hope it will help.

Prince

Please use plain text.