Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
cariadc
My Device: currve 8520

Is blackberry having problems?

I looked at my blackberry last night and it says at the top of the screen sim not permitted and SOS can't phone out or text and can not recieve any either. I asumed it was a problem with my phone as I have had it replaced three times in the last 6 weeks..(would never buy a blackberry again) but this morning my sons Bla kberry says exactly the same so it can't be the handset..The internet conects over my home wireless network and my sons too and bbm works in the home..but not out..It just seems they won't connect to our network privider so we can call or text..has any one else got this problem? and anyone know how to fix it..I have only just got this handset back after three weeks as was sent for repair..I really do not want to have to go without yet again..

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Is blackberry having problems?

You should just get a SIM card swap from your local Tmobile store, they will do that for free. That's the most common reason for the SOS. Sometimes, SIM cards go bad.

You might first just try removing the SIM and replacing it in the BlackBerry, battery as well. Do this while the device is powered on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
cariadc

thank you for the reply..it isnt the sim..i inserted into another phone and it works fine..and my sons too..its just in the blackberry it does not register..it seems a little strange the all the blackberrys in this house (three) are doing exactly the same thing yet the sims are working in other phones..makes me think it is blackberry that is having trouble not t mobile?

New Contributor
cariadc

well the sim seems to be working now..but I still cannot use the phone..it seems to have frozen it rebbots..loads the screen and then none of my buttons work the touchpad wont work and it wont connect to the laptop either..

looks like another send back to blackberry this is my sixth replacement handest in four monthes its starting to take the mik a little now..

Anyone else get constant problems with there blackberry? I think the man in the shop i got it from hate me..I have been in there so often.:Whistling: