Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
pdh1948
My Device: Not Specified

Is it possible to get the BlackBerry Curve to be a reliable MODEM?

[ Edited ]

My BlackBerry has been a constant source of frustration since it is worthless as a data device, it frequently drops connections and often will not reconnect again.  The phone provider just runs through a standard set of clearing cache, removing battery, etc. types of circumventions that may get the connection back but it fails soon after.  It is pointless to have a device that needs to have the battery removed multiple times every day, and that ends up being an unreliable MODEM for connecting to the internet.  Talking to the phone service provider is of little help since they are a middle man for RIM whom seems to provide them with no real means of resolving problems, and RIM seems to have isolated themselves from the customer base so that they have no idea about how the customer experience with their product.  The problem is encountered from both a Windows Media Center (WIN/XP) desktop and a Windows Vista Laptop, using my sons NOKIA E51 works without any problems and even provides faster connections in the process.  It seems that this is a problem with the BlackBerry product, but I have not been able to find any support that can resolve the issues.

ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO GET THE BLACKBERRY CURVE TO BE RELIABLE?

Message Edited by pdh1948 on 07-12-2008 02:40 AM
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Is it possible to get the BlackBerry Curve to be a reliable MODEM?

I would recommend that you update the handheld operating system. You can see a list of latest versions available HERE. If your problems persist then you need to get a replacement device from the carrier.
Please use plain text.