Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tampatiger
My Device: Not Specified

Is my battery "kaput"?

I've had my Curve for a year or soLast week while on a phone call, the unit just turned off with no warning or gradual shutdown...just went to "black".  This has happened often since, while on the phone or on-line, and it seems to be getting worse (i.e., more frequent and having to connect to charger to get it back on).

A couple of days ago when my Curve did this (turned off) and taking my battery out and putting it back in didn't start it back up (as I have learned I can do to get it going again), I visited a local T-Mobile store (my carrier).  The guy there put in a battery from his Curve and mine started up with no problemThey figured that it could be the battery, but they had none to sell.

I visited an AT&T store for a possible battery, but the guy there said the problem was probably not the battery.

The workers at the stores have relatively poor diagnostic experience, it appears, and are pretty much just taking a stab at a possible problemThe T-Mobile/BB tech support had less to offer when I phoned.

If it matters, I have to put my phone in a cradle for it to charge through the terminals in back, rather than the plug-in on the side since that was damaged a few months ago.

Is my battery "bad" and a new one will solve thisIf so, what the the best way to purchase a new battery, considering I'm looking for the best price for the right battery?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Is my battery "kaput"?

The battery could very likely be bad, yes.

You can buy that battery at most any carrier retail store (ATT, Tmobile, Verizon) as long as you get that same model battery (you are looking for the dark blue CS2 battery).

Also, online. Look at BlackBerryDen.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tampatiger
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Is my battery "kaput"?

Thanks for the pointer on the site to purchase a battery.  Based on your opinion, I went ahead and ordered a new battery for about half of what AT&T would charge.  My figures are crossed.

Kind regards,

Scott

P.S.-I'm open to any other opinions, also.

Please use plain text.