Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

Is there no multiple delete on the Blackberry Curve 9320

Is there no multiple delete on the Blackberry I cannot seem to sync my email with my phone, and have tried all the reconcile and settings and they do not seem to work.

I have quite a few emails everyday and it's a pain having to delete them one by one. Ideally it would be great if I could just delete them on my PC and they would be deleted on the Blackberry, but this system does not seem to work for some reason, and why they never put a multiple delete on the phone in the first place is beyond me. I would of thought it to be a must for any phone to have.

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Is there no multiple delete on the Blackberry Curve 9320

[ Edited ]

1. You're likely on a POP3 email server which doesn't sync deletes, except one-way from the device to the mail server. IMAP servers do two -way.

intruder461 wrote:

why they never put a multiple delete on the phone in the first place is beyond me. I would of thought it to be a must for any phone to have.

2. There is. In your Messages listing, you can select the first message to delete and hold down the SHIFT key while scrolling up or down to select two or many ADJACENT messages, and press the delete key (or Menu > Delete).

You can also scroll over any date header separation bar and select Menu > Delete Prior.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

Yes I am very much on a POP3 server, so syncing is out of the question like you rightly said. The advice on the shift key works a treat and thanks you so much for the super fast response.

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're welcome.

So, on the POP3 Sever, the device will cause a delete on the email server, but probably NOT to your desktop, if you're using Outlook for mail on the PC.

POP3 & IMAP reconcile features

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code