Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
rafiiiks
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G

Issues with my BB

Hi, recently (month ago) I bought a Blackberry Curve 9300 phone. I was new to BB but now I got used to it. For now i like it but have some problems I want to fix, hoping someone will help me with those.

I want to add my Gmail to my phone, but don't know how. I was browsing the forums and others had the same problem which they got fixed after getting instructions on how to do it etc. When I followed them doing the same on my phone, the problems started. I didn't have an option given which was mentioned. So searched for it again in forums. I found out the problem. To fix it I needed to do something else which wasn't given to me on the phone again. And so on and on.

I have a v5.0.0.794 OS. For example in the Setup Wizard->Email setup I have only one option given: "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server". I've looked up in the forums that there should be 2 options. 1 that I stated above and the other one saying "Create or add email" <--something like that.

After all my time spent on googling and searching for the answers I realised that my phone is not completely ready to use. So if anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Issues with my BB

For BlackBerry Device Software 5.0

1. Open Setup on the BlackBerry smartphone.
2. Click Email Settings.
3. Click Gmail.
4. Enter the Email Address and Email Password, then click next.

The email account should then be successfully added.

Please note that you must have BlackBerry data plan from your mobile service provider. Without this you won't be able to configure Gmail in BlackBerry smartphone.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Issues with my BB

You need to contact Vodafone UK and have them add a BlackBerry BIS data plan to your account. Then you'll get the option to add email your device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.