Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8300

It's unlocked... now what?

My sister gave me her 8300 and I had it unlocked so that I could use it with Fido instead of Rogers.  As a phone it works great but I can't make use of any of the other features. 

When I try to set up my email on the BIS I get this message -- "This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider.  Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider."  I tried registering through the HRT and got a message saying "Registration message sent!" but nothing changes.

I have an internet/data plan but I don't know how to get the browser to work.When I try to start the browser the message that pops up is "your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries"

Lastly, my BB messenger doesn't work at all.  I add people but then nothing happens which I imagine had something to do with my email problem but I don't know.

I really hope that someone can help, I love my BB and I want to make the most of it but I'm totally lost :smileysad:

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: It's unlocked... now what?

Unfortunatly, you have a couple of problems.  First is that you don't have a BB data plan.  A BB data plan is required for the BB to work properly.  Second, I don't think Fido is offering a BB data plan any longer.  You can call them and try to get the BB Connect plan added but i believe it's no longer available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!