Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
GIANNI89
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

JVM ERROR 513

Hello there, I own a blackberry curve 8320 and after trying several passwords tu unlock my phone (password I had already stablished and unfortunately forgot) the phone started whiping. While whiping was in progress I took out the battery and then put it back on, once I did that, the phone just turned on a full white screen that says in he middle "JVM ERROR 513 RESET", after reseting, the screen appeared in the same conditions and it just won't turn off unless I take out the battery.

I also tried installing the blackberry desktop software (not the desktop manager), and loading it to the blackberry with the applications loader, but as the progress begins, there's a message that says "COMMUNICATION FAILED" or something like that, and the process ends.

I was wondering if someone could support me on what to do to fix my blackberry, or at least to know what happened to it. Thanks very much, appreciate help.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: JVM ERROR 513

I've gotten this method to work a few times. You can try reinstalling the OS by doing the following:

1. Start with the battery out of the BlackBerry
  2. Open Desktop Manager and go into Application Loader and hit Next
  3. On the screen where it asks about the connection type plug in the usb cable
    See if the connection changes to USB PIN number. If so hit Next
  4. Select the applications you want to remain on the BlackBerry, unselect the ones you want to remove, hit Next
  5. Put the battery back in and hit Finish/Install to complete the loading process
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GIANNI89

Thanks for answering my question, but even though I tried what you told me, it just won't start, do you happen to know any other method??

Does anyone who read this know any other method to fix my blackberry??? Appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

So did it start to go through the loading process, or did it give you an error?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GIANNI89

Nno it just started loading and said "CONNECTION FAILURE" or something like that as if like I pulled out the usb cable during the progress, but I didn't (just in case) haha

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SeanD

Do a search for JL_Cmder.  This program will allow you to erase everything from the Blackberry and reload the OS back onto it.  All it needs is a USB connection to the unit to work.

Sean

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GIANNI89

Thanks for the tip man, I'll try that as soon as posible and I'll tell you if it fixed my bb or not.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Gianni89 wrote:

"I also tried installing the blackberry desktop software (not the desktop manager), and loading it to the blackberry with the applications loader, but as the progress begins, there's a message that says "COMMUNICATION FAILED" or something like that, and the process ends."

Did you load the DEVICE software or the Desktop software to the device? Based on your statement it looks like you don't have the Device OS .

Let us know

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-30-2008 08:04 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GIANNI89

I loaded the one that can be downloaded from blackberry support page, I already had the desktop software (the one with the application loader)... I really can't tell if the the one that I donwloaded is the DEVICE software or if it is the DEVICE OS because honestly I'm new at this.... but I can tell you that it asked me to install it first on my computer and then load it with the application loader...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Can you tell me exactly what you downloaded? File name, ?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.