Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Shmoo
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

[ Edited ]

RRP1972 wrote:

Hi Shmoo,

I am typing cd javaloader.exe-p<20491E74> erase-f net_rim_font_european_sff-2

Is there anything that I am missing or not typing properly? Can you please let me know?

RRP1972

Check out this screenshot. "cd" and "javaloader ..." need to be run as separate commands. Also make sure your command flags are separated properly and do not contain invalid characters; ie, "javaloader.exe-p<20491E74>" would become "javaloader.exe -p20491E74" (notice the space between "javaloader.exe" and "-p20491E74" )

Hopefully this helps...

Message Edited by Shmoo on 02-23-2009 03:09 PM
Please use plain text.
jpmans

Hello,

Thanks for posting what seems to be very helpful info on this topic. 

I'm having the same JVM Error 102 problem, however, when I select option 2 (Event Log), the next screen says:

RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader

Copyright 2001-2007 Research in Motion Limited

Connecting to device...debug: HRESULT error during Open: 80040154

Error: unable to open port

Command Completed!

Clear the event log? (Y/N)

When the event log opens up, it is blank.

Any suggestions????

I'm also a little confused about when it asks if I use a password to open the phone.  I do not use a password, but do have my BB set where I need to hit * plus the green phone key (used to initiate a call) in order to start using the BB. Could this be holding things up as well??

Thanks,

Justin

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Try with this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10068&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shmoo

jpmans wrote:

I'm having the same JVM Error 102 problem, however, when I select option 2 (Event Log), the next screen says:

Error: unable to open port

Make sure the Blackberry Desktop Manager isn't running in the background... it might be connected to your BB, therefore blocking the port. If that doesn't work, Google "javaloader unable open port" and I'm sure you'll be able to find something helpful.

jpmans wrote:

I'm also a little confused about when it asks if I use a password to open the phone.  I do not use a password, but do have my BB set where I need to hit * plus the green phone key (used to initiate a call) in order to start using the BB. Could this be holding things up as well??

If you didn't set a password, don't even worry about this part. Don't enter anything.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
ezekielspeaks

Thanks, this info was great help.
Please use plain text.
big_d135

Hi any help would be greatly appreciated, so im on to step 7 but having trouble. Im going to type exactly what i am typing into the cmd program:

C:\Users\Daal Haas\Downloads\JL_Cmder v1.9 Installer> "javaloader.exe -u erase -f net_rim_vad_engine_resource__pt_BR-5"

It says this is not recognised. I am obviously following your instructions wrong but dont really know what i am doing wrong. The error file is "net_rim_vad_engine_resource__pt_BR-5(2423)".

The "C:\Users\Daal Haas\Downloads\JL_Cmder v1.9 Installer>" is the line that automatically comes up on the cmd program after i completed step 6 and so the "javaloader.exe -u erase -f net_rim_vad_engine_resource__pt_BR-5" is what i am actually typing.

Sorry if its long winded, im just trying to give you as much detail as possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shmoo

big_d135:

Is "JL_Cmder v1.9 Installer" the directory that contains javaloader.exe or does it only contain the installer? Make sure the path in the command prompt is the path to javaloader.exe. Do a Windows file search for it if you need to.

Please use plain text.
TIMAAAY71

Schmoo, you're a genius.  My BB 8830 got the dreaded JVM 102 two days after my Windows XP got corrupted with viruses.  All of my BB backup was on it.  Couldn't do the restore until I had a computer with the most recent Desktop manager and I could actually download the Commander file.  I had to download the Installer and unzip instead of opening the actual program itself.

I tried typing in the way you described and also got an error.  Your screenshot showing that there were spaces between some items on the command line was invaluable.  The text in the messages above doesn't look to have spaces.

Long story short, as soon asI hit the enter key, it took 2 seconds to delete the offending file and start the BB up again.

All information intact!

BTW, before trying your fix, Verizon Tech tried to get it to connect to the Desktop Manager, and when that failed they said I could get a refurbished unit for $50.  I'm glad i told them to hold off to see if I could fix myself.

Again, thanks for the post!!

Please use plain text.
thesleddog

Followed step by step, never a pause, never a problem.  You are brilliant.  Thank you. 

Backround, I got the dreaded 102 this afternoon on a phone that assurian sent me a month ago when I dropped my 8330 in a parking lot and found it an hour later looking like roadkill.  Went to VZW and they processed the assurian replacement that will be delivered (saturday, free of charge).  I followed step by step, backed up my berry, and will take the new on tomarrow and restore my info and reinstall my software.  worked like a charm.

Thanks again.

btw - how do I get my old info into the new berry from the restore?  If I just restore, does that send the old corrupt problem into the new berry?  any help please.

Please use plain text.
meagan_riggs07

what should i do if the event log is blank i cant scroll and find the

error the is causing the error

Help please

Please use plain text.