Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
isahl
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

did first step and located corrupt file but how do you do the start > run cmd fiunction? i don't see anything on the JL Cmder screen. Help I have been working on this for hours!!

Isa

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shmoo

isahl wrote:

did first step and located corrupt file but how do you do the start > run cmd fiunction? i don't see anything on the JL Cmder screen. Help I have been working on this for hours!!

Isa

That's because it's not a JL_Cmder function. :smileywink: Go to the Start menu and select the Run command, or just hold down the Windows key and press R on your keyboard. When the Run dialog comes up, type "cmd" and press OK. Hope that clears it up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ltci

This was a FANTASTIC piece of technical information. Loaded the JL_CMDER, found the problem file, deleted it, was able to get back ont o my BB and back it up. Reloaded the O/S and all was good. Thanks Shmoo for the help!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
isahl

thanks SHMOO. Now that i got that right i am getting a message that javaloader isnt recognized and when i looked for it on the computer there is no javaloader app. also can't find good link for it online. this is all too confusing for me

Isa

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shmoo

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
isahl

i am sorry for being such a pest but I still can't figure this out and want to stomp on my bb. I already downloaded the JL_Cmder thing and got to step 6. I used your link and it seems like it is the same thing I already downloaded and am using. Aarrrrgh. I am a Mac user and none of this makes sense to me

Isa

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shmoo

Isa, I am sorry that you're a Mac user. :smileywink:

When the command prompt says javaloader isn't recognized, it means that javaloader.exe wasn't found in the current working directory. You need to use the "cd" command (change directory) to point it at the right folder.

To make things simple, download that zip again and extract it to C:\JL_Cmder. Now open up the command prompt again and type: cd c:\jl_cmder

Now when you run the javaloader command, it should be able to find the exe.

Please use plain text.
Rhynome

[ Edited ]

Mbolin!

May I have your attention please?! As well as anyone else in a similar position who may read this...

You need to install the software on the CD that came with your blackberry, the javaloader comes with this - your computer may ask you to allow it when the software installs, so that should be comforting.

What happens then is that all goes ahead as planned according to the directions by Shmoo (thanks, by the way!). I did what was said and as a result I managed to salvage the numbers from a "Blackberry Storm", however I (I do not know about others) was left with a rather peculiar phone, non-existant icons, very basic Operating System (OS), etc. Probably due to, you know, deleting things. But do not be disheartened! Not only can you now actually get the numbers, whereas before you couldn't get anything, but what you should do now, if you are in a similar situation to me at this time, is to Wipe the "Blackberry" (can be done via JL_Cmder) and then download the software update for your phone. You hopefully should know which one you're dealing with, but I believe the chances are it's a "Storm". Enter "Blackberry Storm/Curve/Bold [delete as appropriate] OS" into Google and you will be directed to a site, the site will require you to be using Internet Explorer 5.5 (IE) or higher to work. When you try and download the OS chances are the software you're using to put the software on your phone will need updating to a newer version... of... software. I know, I know, but it's for the best. This means you'll have to close IE and unplug the phone, download it (via Desktop Managar Application Loader), restart your computer and then... do it all over again, just going to the website, that is, and downloading it; the computer will prompt you for closing stuff down. So you plug your phone back in, download OS, your phone will go through it all and then be how it was when first bought.

Sorry for all the garbled text above, I've had a very long day of trying to work out how to save a Blackberry from the phone Graveyard and so I'm not in the most cognitive state right now. I'll come back tomorrow and bullet point it, as well as providing links to sites I found helpful in my quest.

Considering I took something from this forum I just thought I'd put something back in. So thanks to you all, and especially to Shmoo!

Message Edited by Rhynome on 09-16-2009 07:07 AM
Please use plain text.
Kdraks

Thanks so much. Worked like a charm!
Please use plain text.
jbgrove

I don't know whether anybody has run into this or not... the corrupted file for me is net_rim_vad_engine_resource__zh_HK-11 and when I attempt to delete it, it kicks back an error stating "Error: module is in use". I think I might just have to do a wipe as I don't see a way around this problem, but if anybody has got any suggestions, it would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.