Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
chudykGT
My Device: Curve 8330, 4.5.0.127 (previously 4.5.0.175, previously JVM error 102)
My Carrier: MTS mobility

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

Somebody asked this a few pages ago and i didnt see a reply:

If I do a restore, wouldnt it send the corrupted data over to the new phone/reinstalled software?

I ask this too, because everytime I get a new BB 8330 curve, it has OS 4.5.0.127, and when i restore my backup it fails a few days later. on my 4th BB now and I did NOT do a restore because I need my phone for work. So I have lost all my contact info because no contact info is better than a doorstop. At least i can text and make/take phone calls.

Anyone know what the story is on why soo many factory files get corrupt?

Apps? The ones that come on the phone from the factory. I live in terror that any thing else will brick my curve. I even talk nice to it.
Please use plain text.
Funke
My Device: 9000

Sorry for the really basic question...

Where is the Start>Run command?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
catsgrandma
My Device: Bold 9700

First of all, thank you so much, Shmoo -- this has brought our Blackberry back to life. Then... help, please! The corrupt file turned out to be the default theme file (net_rim_theme_precision_zen_480x360_b_03-8). Even though we've tried downloading other themes, the screen remains white and the icons don't display properly. Googling, I see 'All other themes rely on the default theme'. Wise people: Is there a way to repair this without reinstalling the entire system?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
itr0863
My Device: storm I

[ Edited ]

thank you shmoo for your help even though i haven't tried it yet.  im puzzled.  here is my story.  i have storm 1 from verizon...i got an email saying i should dload the new software.  so i dug up the usb and dloaded the ''application loader'' and got the new update on my storm.  worked great, but i noticed i was missing one thing and it was bbmessenger.  so i dloaded it and after it was done, i got the jvm 102...this was tonight around 9pm. 

the reason why im puzzled is....i plugged the storm in the pc and started application loader and i noticed it said if you get the software update....it will backup your phone for you.  is this true?  like i said, i did the softward update on application loader....then a week later i tried to get bbm and then i got the jvm 102.  t hanks for any help everyone.

edit-  i JUST posted that ^^^ about 30 min ago...after that i decided to try shmoo's step by step instructions...after the last step...i followed the instructions and unplug from the pc and restart....it restarted on its own and i was expecting to see the jvm 102 again....but it went straight to loading up normally and i started getting the normal emails/texts poppin up when your phone is off....i can't believe this...thanks again shmoo...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chudykGT
My Device: Curve 8330, 4.5.0.127 (previously 4.5.0.175, previously JVM error 102)
My Carrier: MTS mobility

Somebody asked this a few pages ago and i didnt see a reply:

If I do a restore, wouldnt it send the corrupted data over to the new phone/reinstalled software?

I ask this too, because everytime I get a new BB 8330 curve, it has OS 4.5.0.127, and when i restore my backup it fails a few days later. on my 4th BB now and I did NOT do a restore because I need my phone for work. So I have lost all my contact info because no contact info is better than a doorstop. At least i can text and make/take phone calls.

Anyone know what the story is on why soo many factory files get corrupt?

Apps? The ones that come on the phone from the factory. I live in terror that any thing else will brick my curve. I even talk nice to it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shmoo
My Device: Not Specified

chudyGT,

Can't you select what data you want to restore and only restore contacts, appointments, etc?

Please use plain text.
highpingedlpb
My Device: HTC Incredible

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for the info shmoo. Was able to help a customer of mine retrieve his contacts because of this.

To add to this, if you are getting JVM error 205, it seems that if a critical system file has been erased due to this process, the blackberry cannot boot without it. I tried the app loader and desktop manager with no luck. After seeing the possible commands to use with Javaloader.exe, I found that you can load .cod files back onto the device. The corrupted .cod file I had deleted was "net_rim_bb_sms.cod". So I downloaded the new device software for the 8830 and installed it. After installation, I typed this into the command line:

cd "\Program Files\JL_Cmder"

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>JavaLoader.exe -u load "C:\Program Files\Common Files\
Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.175_P3.4.0.55\Java\net_rim_bb
_sms.cod"

And the result:

RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
Connected
Loading net_rim_bb_sms                Done
95702 bytes sent at ~765616 bps
Disconnected

After doing this, no more error 205 and the phone boots up perfectly!

Hope this is helpful, and thanks again, Shmoo, you're a genius!

Please use plain text.
rhasaan74
My Device: Storm

Thank you for the great info!! It looks like this worked like a champ!

Please use plain text.
kcwoodruff
My Device: Curve 8330 Smartphone

This solution worked like a CHARM! This first thing I did was backup my files in case it happened again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luistravanca
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi,

While removing the bad file I think I did a mistake and erased 3 important files. Those were appearing with an error but not the hash one.

The files were:

net_rim_bb_options_app

net_rim_bb_lbs

net_rim_bb_lbs_lib

Any idea how I can get those and load again. My model is the Bold 9700.

I am getting desperate about it!

Thanks for any help here.

Luis

Please use plain text.