If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Shmoo
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

[ Edited ]

luistravanca,

Check out the post by highpingedlpb just a few posts back... he explains how to load system files back onto your device.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-BlackBerry-8300/JVM-Error-102-BEFORE-YOU-WIP...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luistravanca
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone ES

Hi Shmoo,

I tried the Blackberry site to download the New Device Software athough it is not available. Any idea where I can download this from.

Would not mind to wipe the handheld back to original settings and apps, but cannot find a way to do that either.

Really appreciated any of your support.

Luis

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luistravanca
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone ES

Ok I solved by downloading from blackberry web the sofware for my model and operator. (not the New Device Sofware as it appeared not available)

Then through desktop manager I performed app update and guess what.. I did not loose any files nor contacts nor apps. I only lost old emails that were not on its server anymore and the SMSs., but I will live with it.

Thanks,

Luis 

Please use plain text.
crizzo
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Att

I have the same problem but I get the dreaded....Erasing net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine-3 Error: module is in use. So, if the module is in use, how do I erase it? Any suggestions.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FinzLeft
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Make sure the Blackberry Desktop Manager isn't running in the background... it might be connected to your BB, therefore blocking the port.

If that doesn't work, Google "javaloader unable open port" and I'm sure you'll be able to find something helpful.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
adem666
My Device: Not Specified

if you get "unable to erase, cause of module is in use", you can use -f parameter to delete. 

javaloader -u erase -f MODULENAME

something like that 

Please use plain text.
shoelessdude
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: US Cellular

This was a quick and easy fix. Thank you! Everything worked perfectly.

Please use plain text.
murali
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Spring

Password Problems

I am having problems with the JL_Cmder application.  I think the problem is related to my password.  My password ends with a space.  For some reason, JL_Cmder is not able to verify my password against the device.  Here's the kicker: Now when I run it, I'm getting a message that says:

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader -usb eventlog > event.txt

RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
  Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
  Connecting to device...
  This is your last attempt.  If you enter an incorrect password,
  the contents of your device will be erased.  Use Ctrl-Break to quit.
  Enter password:

So I have one shot left with my password before the data gets wiped.  Any ideas on what I can do at this point? 

Please use plain text.
murali
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Spring

Re: Password Problems

Now it gets weird.  I took the battery out while I drove home from work.  I left it out for about 30 minutes.  When I got home, I put the battery back in to try to resolve the problem.  The BB booted up without error or problems and it appears to be working fine. 

So on the plus side, there's no problem with the BB.  On the other hand, I have no idea what happened or what to do if it happens again in the future.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Password Problems

Hi there!

FYI -- any successful password entry (either JL_CMDR, device keyboard, DTM, etc.) will reset the counter. So what you did is exactly right...switch to a method that you are sure you can enter the password correctly via and then do so to reset the counter. Then retry whatever other things were being attempted.

You can test your theory by changing your password to something less complex (yes, I know, also less secure).

Good work so far!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.