Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

Hey Ian,

It is possible to reload files onto your device, but it's not exactly easy. If you go to the developers' section of the BB website, you should be able to download a device emulator. You'll probably need to find one that runs the same OS version as your phone. Download and install the emulator and search the package for the file you need. Then copy it over to your device using JL_Cmder (I don't remember the exact command you'll use).

Hopefully that helps you out!

Highlighted
Contributor

FuriousBB,

The error message for 'net_rim_device_api_games' is 'not found,' so that's not the file that's causing 102. I would try deleting WordToGo47, and if that doesn't work, go up even further in the log and see what you can find (make sure to read the error messages as they can help point you in the right direction).

My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon

I can not install jl-cmder. when i hit run it flashes a screen and thats it. What am I doing wrong

Thanks

Adam

Visitor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: wind mobile

i have tried following these steps however when i open up "event log" its blank with no text. when i go back to the original black screen it says "java loader is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". what do i do?

Thanks for the help.

My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you!  I have no idea how you figured this out, but nonetheless ... THANK YOU!

Dave

Visitor
My Device: blackberry pearl
My Carrier: AT&T

When i run JL_Cmder i see following error

RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
Connecting to device...debug: HRESULT error during Open: 80040154
Error: unable to open port
Command completed!
Clear the event log? (Y/N)

RIM Wireless Handheld Java LoaderCopyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion LimitedConnecting to device...debug: HRESULT error during Open: 80040154Error: unable to open port
Command completed!Clear the event log? (Y/N)

New Contributor

Hello I am stuck in third step. Windows cannot find file. Actually, I installed this program but it does not even create a folder in "program files" Please help me (((((

New Contributor

I have same problem. Did u solve it?

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Just wanted to say thanks!

Worked like a charm on my 9300.  At worst my backup was only a week old if I had been completed hosed.

Smiley Wink

New Contributor

Hi,

I cant even launch JL_Cmder with option 2.

I'm with Vista and when I double click on the "JL_Cmder.exe" the cmd (dos mode) pop and close... nothing for me to choose from.

Anyway, maybe it's not even going to help.

I have so he error "JVM Error 102" when I try to start my BB Storm but My BlackBerry Desktop Software cant connect to my BB.

I tried this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320

But the option "update device" is in grey and I cant click on it. I managed to do the update thingy by launchung the Desktop software but it stop at the "connecting" portion of the application...

I read a thread saying that I should return it with the manufacturer warranty.... I dont feel like it....

help! Smiley Tongue