Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
kew400
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

Ok s I have went through all of the steps and am on the part where I am trying to erase the bad file.  It says

Connected

Erasing wordtogo47resource_fr                Error: Invalid handle

Disconnecting

I have tried typing in every combination I can think of, with and without the (243)

what I started with was javaloader.exe -u erase -f wordtogo47resource_fr

This is what the log says-

guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Fri Jun 12 06:19:27 2009  severity:0 type:2 app:smileyfrustrated:ystem data:CMM: verifyHash failed for WordToGo47Resource__fr(243)
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Fri Jun 12 06:19:27 2009  severity:0 type:2 app:smileyfrustrated:ystem data:JVM Error 102
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Fri Jun 12 06:19:27 2009  severity:0 type:2 app:smileyfrustrated:ystem data:Invalid code in filesystem
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Fri Jun 12 06:20:56 2009  severity:0 type:2 app:smileyfrustrated:ystem data:VM: 100001 gc=0 idle=0 native=NONE

I have disconnected the phone and restarted it with no luck, please help me if you can! Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shmoo

kew400 wrote:

I have tried typing in every combination I can think of, with and without the (243)

what I started with was javaloader.exe -u erase -f wordtogo47resource_fr

I have disconnected the phone and restarted it with no luck, please help me if you can! Thanks!

I'm not sure if javaloader is case sensitive or not.. but try typing the file name exactly as it appears: WordToGo47Resource__fr

Also, notice there are two underscores... hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dennyantony

Hi Shmoo,

I follwed the instruction and did the folloowing:

1) First the 102 error was with "net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_english_gb_35k_2-3" and I erased it.

2) Then it gave error 102 with "net_rim_crypto_1-3". I erased that as well

3) Now the device is giving APP ERROR 205.

PLEASE HELP. Did I delete an important filw by deleting the net_rim_crypto? How do I get this back in?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shmoo

dennyantony wrote:

3) Now the device is giving APP ERROR 205.

PLEASE HELP. Did I delete an important filw by deleting the net_rim_crypto? How do I get this back in?

Can you show me a few lines in your event log around this error?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dennyantony

[ Edited ]

Hi Shmoo,

In the event log I saw that lot of files were giving Java initialization errors because the crypto file was missing. Luckily I found a recent data backup on my computer. So instead of doing more research on the error-205, I reloaded the device software erasing everything and restored the previous data.

Thanks for your support and help.

Message Edited by dennyantony on 06-15-2009 01:09 PM
Please use plain text.
Visitor
yubfuzz

Wow!  Thanks so much!  Now maybe I'll get a new laptop instead of a new phone for Father's Day!  Really, thanks a ton Schmoo!!!
Please use plain text.
skatz1

Shmoo - thanks, you saved me.  This worked perfectly.  I had to remove two files, both relating to medialoder_video (whatever that is), and then got the device up, running and backed up.

ATT was no help; either they have no clue you can do this (even a supervisor) or don't want to bother because it is time consuming.

Please use plain text.
berry_blue

Thanks Schmoo! You really helped me out with this situation. As someone who's not even that technically inclined, I was able to follow your directions (with a few mistakes along the way) and save my berry. Much appreciated!
Please use plain text.
matteus006

Thanks Alot! You prevented me from getting a headache, dealing with this nightmare. Much appreciated!
Please use plain text.
jflake0408

im having a problem opening up jl cmder. i have windows vista....im trying to repair my bold
Please use plain text.