Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

I cant get the JL CMDR to load/work either...and I have Vista too....does that matter??

Desktop manager wont let me select my phones PIN to connect to, it just says NONE...but I can see all of my phones information....

HELP!

Contributor

babybuckles wrote:

I cant get the JL CMDR to load/work either...and I have Vista too....does that matter??

Desktop manager wont let me select my phones PIN to connect to, it just says NONE...but I can see all of my phones information....

HELP!

It shouldn't matter that you're running Vista. What happens exactly? "Doesn't work" is pretty vague. :smileywink:
GLH

I also had a problem getting JL_Cmdr to install on my VISTA computer.  I switched over to my XP computer and everything worked great.

My BB 8830 is now up and running - and backed up.  Thanks

New Contributor

II cannot get the directory name to change-can you help please?

I downloaded your file and it is on my desktop and I am trying to go to the next step but can't get the directory to change!

Thank you!

New Contributor

Can you tell me how you finally got past thi step-I am stuck on the same step-Cannot get my directory to change!

Contributor

akeith03 wrote:

Can you tell me how you finally got past thi step-I am stuck on the same step-Cannot get my directory to change!

What are you typing into the command prompt?

New Contributor

I installed the JL_Cmder file... when I select option 2 and the event log pops up there is nothing in the event log.  I'm trying to use these steps on a BB Bold?  Could this be the problem?  Do you have any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

MB

New Contributor

I also just noticed the error for the event log action... it says unable to open port..... hmmmmmm?
Contributor

mbolin wrote:
I also just noticed the error for the event log action... it says unable to open port..... hmmmmmm?

If you are connecting your BB using a USB cable:

1) Open up the Windows command prompt (Start > Run > "cmd")

2) Change directory to your JL_Cmder folder (eg: "cd c:\program files\jl_cmder")

3) Type the following command:

javaloader -usb eventlog > event.txt

This should create a text file named "event.txt" with the contents of your event log. It should be either in your root directory (eg: C:\event.txt) or in your JL_Cmder folder.

New Contributor

Ok... so followed your instructions with no luck.  (The problem is with my husbands BB.)  I tried plugging mine in and the instructions work fine.  My husbands BB is showing as a USB Mass Storage not a BB.  Needless to say I still got the error message unable to open port.  Do you think we'll lose everything?