Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

JVM Error 545

Hi community,

I'm hoping to get some help here. I have a JVM 545 error message on my screen, and have not been able to sucessfully re-install my OS using the blackberry.com tech support answers. When I try to re-install using the application loader I get a message saying there was an error in the multi-phase stages (i don't recall the exact wording). The desktop manager can't see my blackberry when I take the battery out and try to connect via USB for the other recommended steps. Any advice?

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: JVM Error 545

Hi,

Sorry. Replacememnt required.

Call your Carrier for support and advsie what you've done and they'll issue a replacement according to their replacement/repair policy.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Welcome to the forums spikeyguru Smiley Happy

Reinstalling the OS on a device that isnt' recognized by the desktop manager can be tricky. Try the following guides and you should be able to fix your issue.

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=5178

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Note that at this point you can't recover the contacts or other info stored on your phone. Hopefully you have made a backup on your PC that you can restore once the phone is up and running again.

Post back if you have any more issues or questions.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Neither worked. First one never even got it to see the device. Second one all went exactly as planned, except rather than successfully re-installing the application loader wizard stopped and said "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Sounds like you'd better follow OzBerry42's advice then! If you're under 12 months most carrier's generally provide a replacement/repair.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

thanks anyway!