Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
Accepted Solution

Japanese Language

Is it possible to have BB Curve 9220 installed a Japanese Language?

Reading Japanese is OK, but I'm unable to type with it. ):

At the moment, I can only use Japanese by copying and pasting characters from a note I downloaded. ;_;

But it's just not practical.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance!

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Japanese Language

Hi kagamine

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Yes it is possible to Install  Japanese Language on your Curve 9220 ,All you had to do is download an OS pack having all language then install it on your PC then you had to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to add  japanese  language. You can try it this way :

1.Download and Install on your PC any  OS pack having All Language or Multi- language pack from here  Carriers

• ( Make sure you are downloading for the same device model )

2.. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Once completed Open BlackBerry Desktop Software ( 7.1 ) > Select Applications. > In the Language and Input Support section, select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone (a + will appear next to the language to install) > Click Apply.

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you very much! :smileyvery-happy:
Elite II

Hello kagamine 

You are most welcome.. So now enjoy your BlackBerry :smileyvery-happy:

P.S : To Install East Asian Languages an All Language pack OS pack is preferred then a Multi Language pack OS.

Prince

New Contributor

hi, the language and input section doesn't show up when i choose applications...
Elite II

mao_aya wrote:
hi, the language and input section doesn't show up when i choose applications...

Hello mao_aya

Welcome to Support Forums

Have you Installed the OS pack on your PC ! first you need to download and install an ALL language OS pack from your carrier or any other and have to Install that pack on your PC by double click  that files.Once you have Installed connect your device and run desktop software , Click on Applications scroll down to see the required field.

Please try it or confirm on which step you're having problem.

New Contributor

yes, i have downloaded and installed...but it seems like the option i mentioned doesn't show up...i also updated the software~

Elite II

mao_aya wrote:

yes, i have downloaded and installed...but it seems like the option i mentioned doesn't show up...i also updated the software~

Hi mao_aya

If you unable to view those languages , then first Remove or Delete any OS pack from your PC and download an all language pack OS from your  Carrier ( Globe ) from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site 

You can try this pack : BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2102 (All Languages) 

Package Version: 7.1.0.2102
Consisting of:

• Applications: 7.1.0.746
  • Software Platform: 9.50.0.80
  • File name: 9220jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2102_PL9.50.0.80_A7.1.0.746_Globe_Telecom__Inc.exe
  • File size: 262.31MB

After downloading install that OS pack in your pc and then connect your device and use desktop software to add those languages.So try it and let us know.

New Contributor

I did as what instructed but it's still the same...all I can see when I click applications is the applications installed in my phone
Elite II

mao_aya wrote:
I did as what instructed but it's still the same...all I can see when I click applications is the applications installed in my phone

Hey mao_aya

It simply means that still  you don't have any OS install on your PC in which you're trying those methods !

If you can clearly explain those steps you performed we can proceed , or else with such little response we cannot !

FYI : That OS does offer those languages

Thanks.