Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Just got the 8330 and have some Questions!

Whats up everyone, I just got the Sprint BB8330.  Im liking it so far, Im coming out of an IPhone I just moved and ATT has NO service here and I didnt wanna go through unlocking it and all that, so I got this! It seems like syncing and adding stuff on the Iphone is alot easier for the average person, lol.  Anyways, to my questions.

Obviously I have Itunes and from what I found it looks like in a month or so I should beable to put all my itunes on this, is that right? One of my other concerns is, I had to download a trial version of Outlook so I could transfer my contacts on to this from from my Iphone but once my trial version is done am I screwed? Also, if I go to my email, then connect to my browser, it wont give me a GOTO option?  Its almost like its stuck in the email page?

I know I have more questions, but I can think of em right now, lol. Thanks for the help!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Just got the 8330 and have some Questions!

In order to continue synching contacts (if you manage them in Outlook) you will need to get a supported organizer, with Outlook working the best with the BlackBerry.

In order to get the option to type in a web address while in the browser press the menu key (to the left of the track ball) then select Go To.

New Contributor

yea I know about the GOTO option, but what I mean is, say I check my email, then leave and go to the browser, it just loads up my email, and WONT give me a GOTO option?
Forums Advisor I

So you check an e-mail, then leave and go to the browser. Are you saying the browser is loading the e-mail? I am not sure I understand.
New Contributor

exactly, It just brings me back to the email screen like I never left.  Then I try and GOTO a page but theres no option.  So what Ive been doing is going to the history, hitting the google tab, then navigating from their.  After it gets on an actuall web page it will give me the "GOTO" option.
Forums Advisor I

How are you going out to the Browser? Are you press the Escape key (to the right of the track ball) to get to the Home screen, or are you press the Red End Call button?
New Contributor

ive tried both, but 90% of the time im hitting the escape button to the right of the track ball. I even tried the menu key, then "change application".
Forums Advisor I

That is strange. Try doing a hard reset: remove the battery from the device (while it is still powered on) for about 10 seconds, then reinsert.