Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Keyboard lock

I received a Blackberry curve today. Entered a simple 4 digit password for keyboard lock. Entered it again to verify and it did. Locked the keyboard and now cannot unlock it! Every attemp returns an invalid password error. I am at 8/10 tries. I did not change any security settins. I believe Default was selected. Will my profile be wiped if I hit 10 retries or does it just go into a time out wait period?

Very frustrating.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Keyboard lock

Yes once you reach and fail on the 10th attempt the device will be wiped (all data will be erased from the device). If you're on a BES (corporate) your IT desk can reset your device password.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Keyboard lock

If you entered numbers as your password, be sure you are pressing the "alt" key before each digit is pressed.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.