Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tudor_bjj
My Device: Not Specified

Keypad lock code problem

I have a keypad lock code (which was in numbers, let's say "1234"). Somehow in my pocket it got to 5 out of 10 attempts. So, at the 6th it prompted me that I should write "blackberry". After entering this word it switched to entering letters, not numbers. I entered my code "1234", by using the "alt" key, but it doesn't accept it. Now, I'm at the 9 out of 10 attempts and don't know what to do. Does anybody know what's going on?

Thanks for any help provided!

My device is a 8900 Curve.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
blossomberry
My Device: 8900

Re: Keypad lock code problem

Hi there, I had the same problem with my 8900 device ayesterday i got to 8/10 attempts when the device asked me to type the word blackerry then my password which took me 9/10 attempt. What you will need to do is enter your password as normal WITHOUT pressing the alt, shift or any other key, even if strange type, letters instead of numbers, or numbers instead of letters appear on the screen. Just enter your password and the device will recognise your password and unlock. It worked for me and all my messages, pics and phone book are still in tack.

Ps..... to check that the ALT, SHIFT or any other key is not depressed this can be checked by looking in the right hand corner of the device.

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tudor_bjj

Thanks a lot! It worked!
Please use plain text.
emo
emo
My Device: Curve 8330

whoever you are, blossomberry, you are amazing.

basically --

i spent an hour on the phone with the verizon people on the phone who assured me that they couldn't do anything and that i had to just settle with my phone being wiped.

you are brilliant.

thank you.

i can't tell you how awesome you are.

Please use plain text.
nomsey123
My Device: curve 8900

I wish I had seen this sooner...but now my phone has been wiped and its sayin reload software...how do I sort it out?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jd_jay

have you at some point connected your phone up to your pc to upgrade the software or something, and if so did you back it up? if you did the chnaces are you still have the back up file on your pc so all you need to do is retore it

Please use plain text.