Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Popoy09
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9220

LED Light Update...

Sometimes when I get new email messages my LED flashes. Sometimes it doesn't. I have checked everything on my profile notification. Someone told me that the LED flashing goes away after 15 minutes. Is this true? I also have the same problem with text messages. When the phone is on mute, does this affect the LED flashing function? Thank you.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: LED Light Update...

I'm already helping you here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Led-light/m-p/2048273

I already answered about the LED flash stopping after a period of time. Do you not believe me? There is no need for another thread on the same questions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Popoy09

I do believe in you sir. What i'm really pointing is, why does sometimes it don't light up/blink? I'm sorry for another thread, but thank you.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

On Mute it likely affects the LED. You can check this by checking the notifications for Mute. Here is a KB that might help:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19029
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Popoy09

Because it's so annoying, when sometimes it don't light up, i really don't know what is the problem. Thanks bro for the help.
Guru I
John_Clark

Have you tried anything I've suggested? Also, have you removed the battery to reboot the device?
Contributor
Popoy09

Yes I tried, but now the LED is working perfectly fine, it just annoys me when sometimes it don't light up.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The LED will only flash for 15 minutes, so if you don't look at your BlackBerry for more than 15 minutes after recieving a message, you won't see the blinking LED. In addition, you won't see the flashing LED if you have your phone in Silent or Phone Calls Only Mode.

I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
Popoy09

How about this? For example I received a text message at this point of time, there's a notification but no LED light, even the Profile is in normal mode.
Guru I
John_Clark

What about it? Go to your Sound Profiles. Scroll down to the bottom and click on where it says "Change Sounds and Alerts". Select Profile Management. Select the Normal profile. Expand the "Messages-Notifiers" menu. Select "Text Messages." Make sure the LED is set to "On."