Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: FREE
Accepted Solution

LOCKED FIREWALL

I have a Blackberry Curve 9220 OS 7.1 and the firewall is locked with a red padlock on it. I have tried reset to factory, Crackutil which asked me at the end "Please enter " Reset IT Policy" (case sensitive) to Reset IT Policy:

When I try I get the message " Incorrect confirmation word or operation aborted"

Please advise on how to unlock the firewall. Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: LOCKED FIREWALL

Make a full backup of the device using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Download JL_Cmder from here.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/attachments/rim-software/19475d1318636583-jl_cmder-jl_cmder-v1.9.4.z...

Install JL_Cmder to your pc by unzipping (using software like 7zip or similar) and then double clicking on the extracted file. It should place an icon on your desktop after installation.

Connect the BlackBerry via USB cable.

Run JL_Cmder

Follow the prompts for if your device requires a password.

From the menu select "resettofactory."

JL_Cmder will ask if youre sure and to type blackberry.

The device will wipe and the IT policy will be removed. It might take a few minutes so be patient.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks much ! Will try it out and let you know if it worked.
New Contributor

It worked ! Thanks much !