Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

LOST DATA

I have a 8310 Curve running 4.2.2 BB O.S., I have a 2GB media card, and 7567032 Mbs of free space on my 58064896 device memory I transfer mp3s to my device via the Roxio Media Manager, I also use this to transfer video also. Last week I tranferred some data, and now my device will not save pictures to neither the device memory, or the SD card. There are also pictures that show up when I am in the media manager but do not appear on my device alone, they show to be on the media card but I cannot access them on the device it self. It also deleted approx 50 SMS, and emails off of my device. It also has begun to lose messages, I will see the little envelope icon pop up briefly, and then it will disappear along with the message? I called AT&T and they refreshed the device over the phone to not avail. I restored the device with the BB deskto manager to not avail, I also ran a diagnostic scan to no avail. Does my device have a VIRUS? Does it need to be wiped? If so what is the best method and what will be lost?
Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: LOST DATA

Read these links and follow the instructons therein.

Read this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/116396-managing-your-bb-memory-lost-ca...

And this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

First thing? Remove the battery of your device, hold a minute, replace and reboot and check the File Free again. What is it now?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code