Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Freek
My Device: Not Specified

Language icon in top corner wont go!

i have the language icon showing in the top right corner for the 8900 & not i cant get rid of it, i know how it got there but the same method wont get rid, i know some other users are having the same issue for the bold & storm but the options they have to get rid of it arn't displayed on the 8900, any ideas?!
New Contributor
nathanchinnick

Re: Language icon in top corner wont go!

I also have the same problem
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

The icons shows to you which input language are you using, if you want to remove the icon you need to delete the additional language.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
nathanchinnick

If you change the language it comes up, but changing it back to english it displays EN in the corner, and i can't delete english    I even tried to switch the input language to one i don't use then delete it, but the icon stayed
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Not, you need to remove the additional languages, if you have at least 2 languages installed the device shows which language are you using.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
nathanchinnick

I figured out a solution that won't wipe your entire device, or have to go to a previous restore and lose current data.

You do need to have a backup of your blackberry on your pc before the Language display was shown.  Connect to PC and go to Advanced options in the "backup/Restore" of your Desktop Manager.   Open the backup file and find "input Method Switcher option" from the backup file and transfer that to your device. (it will restore just that option).

This worked for me, and hopefully it wasn't just a temporary solution

New Contributor
Freek

On the back of what nathanchinnick said if you don’t have a previously backed up version of everything on your blackberry you can do it this way: Back up your blackberry through desktop managerWipe handheld Go to backup & restoreAdvancedFileOpenSelect the backup you have just doneFrom the ‘computer databases’ delete the ‘input method switcher options’Select everything else in the ‘computer databases’ list & press >> to transfer it to your device

In doing this all your info that you need will be loaded back on to your handset but the annoying input language icon will have now been removed

MDRiley

[ Edited ]

I had this same problem. I used this method and it works great.

1)     Connect your blackberry to your computer and open desktop manager 

2)     Backup and Restore>Back up>save 

3)     Now disconnect your blackberry 

4)     Now you need to wipe your blackberry.  Back to your blackberry.

5)     Options>security options>general settings>services>wipe device. (Note: it asks if you want to

remove any third party applications. You can tell it no and this will still work) 

6)     Once your blackberry is wiped reconnect your blackberry and reopen desktop manager 

7)     Backup and Restore>Advanced>File>Open>select your backup>open

8)     Now scroll down your backup’s list, find and delete ‘input method switcher options’.  

9)     Now select everything else on your backup’s list

10)   Now press >> to transfer it to your blackberry.

11)   A window will pop up telling you that the files will replace the files already on your blackberry.

Tell it yes.

12)   Congratulations you no longer have to deal with the annoying language icon.

Message Edited by MDRiley on 09-25-2009 02:39 PM
New Contributor
slebron290
My Device: bold 9780

worked for me thank you so m uch:Clap: