Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MaeKan
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Maxis
Accepted Solution

Latest BBM update

I received a notification from the BB app world that there is a BBM update and installed the latest version. But I was not able to install the latest BB world. Now I am not able to use BBM as it keeps asking me to key in my BB pin and when I do, the message is 'server is not available'. Don't know how to solve this issue and can't use BBM now. It's very annoying. Please help!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Latest BBM update

MaeKan wrote:
I received a notification from the BB app world that there is a BBM update and installed the latest version. But I was not able to install the latest BB world. Now I am not able to use BBM as it keeps asking me to key in my BB pin and when I do, the message is 'server is not available'. Don't know how to solve this issue and can't use BBM now. It's very annoying. Please help!

Hello MaeKan

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can please Clarify if you're uanble to Download BlackBerry World and having issue with BBM or just having problem with BBM , Also have you entered your  BlackBerry ID or BlackBerry PIN after Installing BBM ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MaeKan

Hi, I have both problems. Can't access BBM now and yes, I did key in my BB ID after I downloaded the latest BBM. I also can't seem to download the latest bb app world but more importantly need to fix BBM first.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi MaeKan

If you're having issue with both then I suggest Uninstall both of those application and try to start again .First On your Homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry  World , then perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On. In the same way Uninstall BlackBerry Messenger also . After each uninstall reboot your device .

First from your BlackBerry browser browse or click here  www.blackberry.com/appworld  to download the most recent version of BlackBerry World .After Installing your device may reboot . then on your device open BlackBerry World it will prompt you to install the latest version of BlackBerry ID software . Install it and perform another reboot.

When you're done with BlackBerry World , proceed to download BBM , for that from your BlackBerry browser browse or click here www.blackberry.com/bbm to download the recent version of BBM available for your device , after reboot enter your BlackBerry ID and see if that help in resolving the error.

Try it and let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MaeKan

Thank you! Shall try.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi MaeKan

Go ahead and let us know if you feel any trouble .

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MaeKan

Hi, I tried to do you as you advised but was not prompted to download Blackberry ID software. After the download of BBM was completed and my phone rebooted, it asked me to key in my BB ID and I did so. BBM was working fine then. But the next day, when tried BBM again, it asked me for my BB ID again and this time when I keyed it in, I got the same message again - "the server is not responding. Please try again later." Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey MaeKan

Are you not prompted to install BlackBerry ID software after Installing BlackBerry World ? Can you open BlackBerry World on your device now !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MaeKan

No, did not get the prompt. Yes, I am able to open Blackberry App World and I even tried searching for the Blackberry ID software there but there are no results.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi MaeKan

On BlackBerry 7 devices BlackBerry ID is deep intergrated in our device , it is the master key to many applications on your devices.On your device Homescreen Go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID > Press the Menu key > Click on Check for Updates , if any updates are available if it will download it on your device.

As you are having multiple issue with your device please try those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000 : Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Once you're done try to access BBM to see if it allows .Or have to reinstall BlackBerry Messenger application by using the same method as mention earlier.

Please use plain text.