Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Latest Desktop update no help with Contacts synch problem!

I had hoped that the latest update would solve the greyed out Contacts synch option. No such luck! I have not been able to synch contacts for the past 3 months.  

And you wonder why Blackberry stock continues to fall?  This will probably be my last Blackberry if something doesn't change soon!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Latest Desktop update no help with Contacts synch problem!

Hello,

Knowing nothing more that what you put into this post, I can only make guesses...no, I didn't go back and try to find if you have another thread that is related...if you do, then you might be better to bump that thread so that the history can be included...

In any event, also not knowing how exactly you installed the latest Desktop Software, I can't be sure if you did it totally "clean" or not...if you want to try that, here's a process that's worked for some folks:

Otherwise, maybe these KBs apply?

• KB14143 Unable to synchronize the BlackBerry smartphone with Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager
  • KB14805 Unable to synchronize with Microsoft Windows Contacts

Or perhaps Wireless Synchronization is checked on the BB within the Contacts app Options?

Sorry, I know I'm guessing...but I'd like to help if I can...

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Contributor

I downloaded and installed the latest update last Sunday and that's when I discovered nothing had changed. I have in the past uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop software as a possible fix but the post you referred me to sounds like a more thorough process. I will give it a try. Thank you.
Contributor

Need a clarification...what is the difference between "Blackberry Device Software" and "RIM Desktop Software"? I am running Windows 7 and in Add/Remove programs I only see a single Blackberry program. Nothing with RIM.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

slh1078 wrote:
Need a clarification...what is the difference between "Blackberry Device Software" and "RIM Desktop Software"?

BlackBerry Device Software is a package, to install to your PC, that represents the OS that is running on your BB. It sort of modifies the Desktop Software to be more customized for your specific BB Model and OS level.

RIM Desktop Software is the software that runs on the PC, enabling communications between your PC and your BB. The Device Software Package helps the Desktop Software do that in many cases.

Both are installed to your PC. Further, if (at some later point) you want to update your BB to a different OS, you can install that OS package to your PC...which the Desktop Software would then recognize as it not being installed on your BB, and would then offer to do so.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.