Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Sucha
My Device: Sprint Curve 8330 OSV4.3.0.127

Latest software for Curve 8330

I thought 4.5 was the latest software for the curve.  I am currently using software version 4.3.0.127.  When I tried to update to 4.5 it told me I have the latest software.  Is the 4.5 not available for the Sprint curve 4.5?

I originally wanted to update  because all the sudden my battery is draining pretty quickly, and someone had mentioned that this had solved their problems. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Carol

Thank you!

Carol
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Latest software for Curve 8330

Which carrier's service you're using? Check this link and download the latest/updated OS released for your carrier.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

the latest OS Sprint has released for the 8330 is the 4.3.
Contact their hotline to know when they will release the 4.5 OS.

Please keep in mind that the OS 4.5 is available from Vodaphone Germany or some carriers from Egypt and Latin America carriers for more than 4 months.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sucha

Thank you both for the info.  I guess I am up to date so will just wait until Sprint releases 4.5. 

Carol

Thank you!

Carol
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
redheadedweirdo
My Device: Not Specified

I have the red Sprint 8330 and I  have successfully upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.77 platform 3.2.0.51. If you are a newbie I don't recommend upgrading your OS since it might brick your system.  Also if you are successful, don't let Sprint know you upgraded since it will void the warrenty.

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sucha

Hi!

How did you upgrade yours to the new software?

Thank you!

Carol
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Check steps below for OS upgrade by installing device OS in the PC -

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

If your query resolves then please accept the solution and close the thread.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
tatkins2006
My Device: blackberry 8330 curve
My Carrier: sprint

i have the blackberry 8330 curve with sprint and i have just upgraded from the 4.5.0.175 im not sure of the os platform but now i currently have the 4.5.0.186 running on a 3.4.0.59 os platform i updated to this software straight from my phone

Please use plain text.