Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
reallyoldduffer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodaphone
Accepted Solution

Leaving voice mail

When leaving a message on my BB from any other phone I am asked to put in the phone number followed by # - then tells me it is not possible to access your messages without a security code. I do not want to access my messages - I want to leave one. This security thing has only just apeared - any suggestions. If I put a security code in myself will people be able to leave a message?  

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Leaving voice mail

This sounds like something your carrier might have activated. I'm not 100% sure about that so start with a battery pull. Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it and try to leave a message on your phone. If you still encounter this issue, I'd be giving Vodafone a ring to see if it's on their end.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
reallyoldduffer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: Leaving voice mail

This battery pulling exercise seems to correct a lot of issues but this one is made of sterner stuff. Tried it but to no avail. I suspect that your suggestion of Vodafone involvement is nearer to the mark.

Thanks for your reply though - appreciated.

Please use plain text.