Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
frankiewildish
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: EE

Loading Clock ALL THE TIME

I consistently delete all my texts, bbms, emails, photos etc because my phone tends to show the black ticking clock for minutes at a time, all the time, when I try to answer calls, write texts etc, and it's extremely frustrating

A few months ago a yellow star appeared on screen and I've never been able to get rid of it, and sometimes an item pops up in my messages saying 'Battery Saver App' or something similar which does nothing when clicked on and can only be deleted

Anyone help? It's absolutely killing me, it happens about 3 times a week for whole days!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Loading Clock ALL THE TIME

Hi frankiewildish

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

That spining clock or hourglass appears when our device undergo low memory or if any application runs in the background .Sometime A battery pull restart is enough to resolve this issue, Have you tried Battery Pull ? .Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Also Check the File Free at Options > Status > Check File Free , In addition have you enabled Memory Cleaner on your device?  Options > Security > Memory Cleaner,  is it enabled ? If it is then disable it because  It is also responsible for device  freezing and clocking.

If that doesn't help then you can follow this Knowledge Base article :

KB10307 : The Hourglass or clock symbol spins continuously on the BlackBerry smartphone

Prince

_________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frankiewildish
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: EE

thanks for your reply - i checked the running applications and only the 5 usual ones were there, plus my memory cleaner is not enabled. i couldn't find 'status' under the options menu? i really cannot think of a reason why it should be doing this! do you think a new battery would help the situation? as it is, the battery only usually lasts 8 hours after an overnight charge

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi frankiewildish

Before going for a new Battery I suggest follow the instructions mentioned within that Knowledge Base ,i;e  You can perform a Clean Relaod of your Device Software it will fix that clocking issue ,Once  you reload just make sure that you don't install too much applications ,Install only those that you need .You can try this it won't take much time but please do a complete Backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software or else you will lose data within your device :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

Also regarding battery please go through this Article I hope it will help in maximizing your Battery life.:

KB14320  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
paolorodriguez
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: GlaDOS

What you describe seem like a third-party app. You'd want to do a clean reload, follow the link for KB11320 above.

Like all my posts, and mark them as the solution if it solved your problem.

My Website: Paolo Rodriguez

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cochamarco
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Indosat

it because your blackberry have full of task , try delete your task and then restart your blackberry
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

cochamarco wrote :

it because your blackberry have full of task , try delete your task and then restart your blackberry

Really ! How can the user delete this task on this Curve 9360 ?

Prince

Please use plain text.