Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
StevieJizzle
My Device: Not Specified

Loading icon popping up repeatidly and battery draining

I have a T Mobile Blackberry 8320. Recently, I started getting the loading icon popping up every 3-4 seconds. It stays up there for a second, then goes away. I can still do whatever I need to do on the phone, however it is very annoying and drains the battery within about 6 hours.

I tried backing up and restoring the phone, and this actually solved the problem for a few days, however it is back to the same process now.

My file free is... 13724446 Bytes, which is a pretty good amount I believe.

I'm currently running v4.5.0.52 (Platform 2.7.0.66)

I am aware that 4.5 isn't released for T Mobile yet, however my roommate has the same phone and used the same install and has been having no problems.

I have tried taking the battery out and doing a restart, and when I do this, all of my text messages from the last few hours get erased as well as my call log.

I have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth disabled at the moment.

Thank you for your help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Loading icon popping up repeatidly and battery draining

You're memory is actually low. The call logs and texts are deleted to keep the phone running as smooth as possible. There are several threads on regaining some of the BB's memory on this site. Unfortunately I am doing this from my BB and I don't think I can copy and paste links. You can do a search of this site or possibly a kind poster will get the link for you.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.