Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

frinaldo
My Device: curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Locked Curve 9300

Hi.  I don't lock my phone.  I picked it up this afternoon and the phone is locked and the background picture is different.  No one touched it and I'm not sure what happened.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I've tried taking out the battery, letting in sit for a while and putting the battery back in.......and letting it so for a while to see if it would reset.  No luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Locked Curve 9300

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please expand on "locked". Does it prompt you for a password? Does it simply not respond to anything you do? Something else?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
frinaldo
My Device: curve 9300

Thanks for the reply.  Turns out one of my family members thought they were being funny and locked the phone.  All is good. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Still not sure exactly which type of "lock" you were experiencing, but our understanding is now moot, since you have solved the issue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.