Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Justine8277

Lost Address Icon & No Video Recorder Icon

I was moving icons around on my screen. I selected the music icon to move where the address book was. When I went to put it there it said something about covering the address book up with the music icon. I just figured it would move the address book somewhere else but it didn't! Now I can't find my address book anywhere or any of my phone numbers! I was also watching a tutorial & it seems like I am missing other buttons. I never had a video recorder button. I would appreciate any help. I just got it today & it is already driving me crazy!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Lost Address Icon & No Video Recorder Icon

Hi and welcome to the forums!

On the home screen press menu key, select show hidden.

See if the icon appears as a faint image. 

If it does just highlight it and click hide again and it'll return.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Justine8277

I tried that but didn't see anything.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Write back with everything you have tried so far so we don't

"reinvent the wheel" OK? :smileywink:

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
jhenzo

I am having the same problem.  I tried to move things around the way i used to, and it just disappeared.  I have tried to unhide and checked all subfolders on the desktop screen.  i cannot find the icon.  when i do a search for a contact the contact will show up, but not the program.  I am also very upset with this"upgrade" so far.  It took over two hours and really put me in a jam.  Also, has anyone been having issues with battery life?  I have always had amazing battery life until the last few days after the upgrade.  Now the battery seems to drain very quickly.  Thank you in advance for the help.
Please use plain text.