Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
crinky1
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Lost Password

My email account has been hacked and was used to send spam.

I have reset my email account password (AOL) but am now unable to access emails on my Blackberry Curve 9320.

I have tried to reset my Blackberry password but cannot remember the correct one.

I am unable to reset the password using the answer to my secret question as I can't remember that either (it was set up some years ago!!).

I have contacted my service provider who was unable to help but suggested I post my question here.

I think I will have to perform a Security Wipe but will this prevent me from re-registering my existing AOL account with a new Blackberry ID?

Many thanks

Laura

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Virmaline
My Device: Bold 9650 (non-camera)
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Lost Password

If you can't remember your BIS password to access your email setup on your BlackBerry, you should try going to Vodafone's BIS page from a computer terminal. Not sure what country you're in, but it should look like this:

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk

Then click on "forgot password," and you should be able to have the password sent right to your BlackBerry's PIN.

Once you're in your BIS page, you can "validate" the AOL email account by entering in its new password/log-in credentials.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crinky1

Thank you for your reply.  I have tried the link to the Vodafone site and it has sent a message to my phone, but as I am unable to access emails I can't read the response.

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Virmaline
My Device: Bold 9650 (non-camera)
My Carrier: Sprint

It should have sent a PIN message to your phone, not an email, if you chose that (PIN) option.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crinky1

The handset wasn't accepting any messages. Vodafone Support advised conneting to another providor then reconnecting to Vodafone.  This reset communications and the new password received.

Thank you again.

Please use plain text.