Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tmobile

Lost/Stolen Blackberry 8520

Hi my phone was either lost or stolen about a week ago, i reported it to my carrier ("tmobile") and it has since come to my attention that it seems the only thing they have done it block the SIM. The phone has since been used with a SIM from another network (assume orange as i thought the phone was locked to tmobile). When i phoned tmobile once again to make them aware of this, they said to get in touch with blackberry but they do not have a number for me to contact with. Seems a bit harsh actually having to pay for getting in touch to have my PIN and IMEI blocked to make the phone useless..... They have been using my BBM which was paid for via booster and pretending to be me as well as other abusive stuff. Can you help me out please Blackberry Tech? Can email me via my address registered and in turn i can provide whatever info you require in order to verify with tmobile, thanks.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Lost/Stolen Blackberry 8520

Hi CaptainDon,

I'm sorry to know that your phone is stolen. But unfortunately there is nothing can be done from RIM's end. Your carrier did the right thing by blocking that PIN/IMEI from their network. Not you can complain to law enforcing agencies.

However, if you have installed BlackBerry protect or any other such 3rd party application then you would be able to track your device on your own.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: Lost/Stolen Blackberry 8520

Thanks for your reply, but as i said in my reply, the PIN was not blocked it seems the only thing they did was block the SIM. So i was wanting the PIN to be blocked as all carriers make use of this through Blackberry..... it's a shame that the IMEI was not blocked either.

Thanks for your comments on my phone going walk abouts, lesson learned and i wish i did not forget about installing protect as i did download it but did not get it up and running. :smileyvery-happy: