Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

DomHennig
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Lost my Blackberry CD

I got a blackberry about a week ago, the 8330, and lost the software cd it came with...

Anybody know where I can download the software again?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Lost my Blackberry CD

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

you can find it here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

If you go to the grey tab on the top of the page marked software that is where it is. I recommend using Ver 4.5

without the media manager. If you do a search on the media manager on this site, well just say it's not held in HIGH REGARD :smileyhappy:

Please let me know if you need anything else.

If this answers your question, please take a minute to resolve the thread using the options to the right.

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-28-2008 12:30 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
DomHennig

Thanks, that was perfect...1 Question, how can I sync a calender from my computer to my blackberry, what program do you reccomend, and how do I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Dom Hennig

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

You have the answer in your PC! You just downloaded it. :smileyhappy:

The desktop manager is the program that lets the BB and the PC stay in sync. It also backs up and restores the software on the BB, and loads applications to the BB.

What PC , operating system and what calender are you using?

Let me know!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
DomHennig

thats what im asking you. Im using windows xp, and do not have a calender program yet, was asking what you had in mind
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Ok,

The one I would recommend is Outlook. It is very compatible with the desktop manager, and is a windows product which goes with your operating system. The Vista Windows calendar is not compatible with DM software. So you would not be able to sync both contacts and calendar. Outlook is extremely easy to use on the PC side.

There are other options with Gmail and Yahoo both have integrated contacts and calendars that can be synced.

Leave this thread open so you can get a good range of opinion on the subject from everybody on the forum. In the meant time look into Google and Yahoo and their capabilities. Also use the search box in the upper left hand corner and see what types of packages and issues people here use.

Sound Good?

Please use plain text.
DomHennig

I have Outlook express..is that the same thing as microsoft outlook? Because I cannot see a schedule option in Express
Please use plain text.
DomHennig

I have outlook express 6, or microsoft outlook 2003...but i am USING express, should i transfer over to microsoft outlook?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Outlook 2003 is supported, outlook express isn't. I'll get you a link of supported applications

be right back.

Here is a link of the supported programs. 2003 is extremely stable and has been very compatible with DM.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12268&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-28-2008 03:37 PM

Please use plain text.
DomHennig

Its alright, I just transferred ALL my emails from outlook express to microsoft outlook, im good. Ok, so everythings ready and done in outlook, how do i go about uploading my schedule to my bb now?
Please use plain text.