Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 3g
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Lost my blackberry,had some personal stuff please help me.

i lost my blackberry curve today and i tried to wipe the data with the help of  blackberry today,but i got a message that the command will be delivered once the phone is connected to a wireless network.

Another problem is i had upgraded to OS 6 but while it was restoring blackberry protect it wasnt installed properly.

will the data be wiped ?? also from the memory card.

i cant file a FIR due to some personal issues.

Can i block this phone???

i am sure it can be mis used.

can someone please provide me a email id of the RIM. where i can report my problem. :Helpsmilie:

please help me..i am really worried about my pictures.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Lost my blackberry,had some personal stuff please help me.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Report it to the police. Report it to your wireless service provider. Attempt to use BB Protect to wipe it clean. Outside of that, there is nothing to be done. If your personal issues prevent you from carrying this out, then you must consider all of your data on your BB to be compromised.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Very sorry for the sudden departure of ur device. Do u know that u can lock the device, wipe it, locate its current location, force it to ring out loud and display a message on the home screen. All these are possible only if u registered the device with BB protect website, know also that BB cannot track a device that is switched off or not connected to the wireless network. If u have registered ur device just login to the said website and manipulate ur device! follow this link: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/?callbackuri=aHR0cHM6Ly9wcm90ZWN0LmJsYWNrYmVycnkuY29t...
New Contributor
My Device: curve 3g
My Carrier: vodafone

i had reported it to my wireless provider,but they told me that there is no other way!
i had BB protect on my phone but when i upgraded my os i used to get a small error and used to reset the device.
i tried wiping,locking, the device
but the status shows as pending.
only for once it had showed that successfully executed
does that mean my phone was swtchd on for a minute?
i just want the data to be deleted and i dont care about the phone anymore.
i had my pictures :smileysad:
though i got a new BB now.

is there any email address where i can send the soft copy of my purchase bill and request them to atleast track or block my phone.
i little help would do much.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello again,

Anything that can be done would be handled via your carrier. They are your sole channel for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code