Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Lost text messages and all contacts

I took my battery out of my phone as the screen was frozen, on re starting the phone again my  messages and contacts had all been deleted. Does anyone know how to get them back?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Lost text messages and all contacts

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

While rare, it's not unheard of for a "spontaneous wipe" of user data and such to occur. Hence the importance of conducting regular backups, for the device itself is a mere commodity, while the data on it can be quite priceless.

On the device, there is no recovery hope -- once deleted on a BB, gone forever from the BB. Recovery depends now on a separate source of data. If you've availed yourself of any of the free methods that BlackBerry provides, then you would proceed to restore from that.

If, however, you've not availed yourself of those, then this old saying would apply -- "There are two kinds of computing device users: those who have lost data, and those who will". Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code