Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lrzuniga
My Device: Not Specified

MAC OSX - Wont mount media card on Curve 8320

Hi,

Just to get it out of the way. I have:

1. Turned Media card on

2. Turned Mass Storage Mode on

3. Enabled Mass Storage mode when connected (yes)

4. Formatted the media card countless times

5. Enabled password on Curve 8320

6. Updated Curve OS to latest 4.5

Despite all my efforts, the media card does not mount under OSX (10.5.6)

I can take pictures and save to the media card so I know its there and working, but I cant see the card under OSX or Windows (VMWare) no matter what I try.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

L. Zuniga

New Contributor
seanubis

Re: MAC OSX - Wont mount media card on Curve 8320

I'm having nearly the same problem with my 2 Verizon Curve 8330's

I'm using OS X 10.5.8.

One device has 4.5.0.77, the other has 4.5.0.138.

Media card is on, Mass Storage is on, Enable Mass Storage when connected is on.

The card works fine on the device - eg, I can save pictures, etc to it, and the device can read the media that I put on the card via a card reader.

The USB works fine, eg PocketMac can see the device and sync my calendar and contacts. If I connect the device to a Windows machine, Desktop Manager can detect it and I can install software, etc.

BUT - the media card is not detected as a mass storage device - it never appears as a mounted volume, and PocketMac (and Media Sync on Windows) are unable to detect the card.

I've tried two different cards in each device, connecting to Mac and Windows machines, with the result I described above every time.

I know these media card problems are very common, but I've tried every solution I can find (checking settings, reformatting cards, uninstalling/re-installing drivers and software, etc) and nothing seems to help.

Since the card works fine on the device, and the USB connectivity seems to be fine, and my mass storage settings are all correct - what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sean

New Contributor
seanubis

Re: MAC OSX - Wont mount media card on Curve 8320

seanubis wrote:

Since the card works fine on the device, and the USB connectivity seems to be fine, and my mass storage settings are all correct - what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Answering my own question - I wasn't doing anything wrong! I just hadn't found the solution yet.

The solution was at "Mass Storage Solution...finally working.." in the CrackBerry forums - specifically, the bit pointing to the storage activation utility over at PinStack .