Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MEMORY ISSUE- SUPER URGENT-CURVE 8310

I'm having a memory problem as well.

My bestfriend had a blackberry ( which never had a problem EVER!) since her dad bought her an iphone, I got the blackberry. Blackberry Curve 8310.

After two weeks I started having memory problems. It said I had no memory available which was strange because I only had downloaded 2 ringtones and 2 pictures and the only extra application that I added was TwitterBerry.

So I read that I should try deleting them. I deleted ALL ringtones (except for the ones you can't) ALL pictures, ALL messages , ALL calendar, Cleared the history and cache for the web , I even went as far as deleting BrickBreaker.

It still says I have 0mb available, which to me makes no sense because I barely have anything on my phone at this point. If i deleted all that stuff shouldnt there be memory available? I then read on here that If I purchased a memory card that it could fix the problem.

I went out and bought a memory card but it's not making a difference at all.

My call log is always empty, my phone is always loading when im trying to do something, so i have to wait until it stops. When somebody calls I press the answer button many times and itll end up not answering and just missing the call because its loading while the person is calling and i can't even pick it up! As well when someones BBMs me I cant always see what is written.

Ive had a couple of people say "well how do you know what your friend did with it before you" which is a really dumb reply considering I lived with her and we were with each other 24/7. It was in great condition. No scratches. I've NEVER EVER dropped it. It has no water damage.

What do I do?

I obviously want to get it fixed, but how if I have no warranty at this point.

I know I can still bring it to a shop, but I would like to knw what the reason is to see if I can fix it myself first.

I think it's ridiculous that a blackberry costs 400 bucks and there are THAT many people having this kind of problem.

(Also the media card says it cannot be read it needs to be formatted, when i format it says "Media format failed")

DATABASE SIZES

:CONTENT STORE :36/3682.0K (and ive deleted all ringtones and pics downloaded?)

:FOLDERS:6/0.5K ( i dont even know where these folders are?)

:AUTOTEXT: 96/5.8K

:ADRESS BOOK: 39/17.0K

:smileyfrustrated:EARCHES: 5/0.5K ( ????)

:RMS DATABASES: 3/0.7K

:CATEGORIES:2/0.1K

:APPLICATION PERMISSIONS: 1/0.0K

everything else is basically empty

If anyone can help me or understands what I need to do , please contact me as I'm going nuts ...

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: MEMORY ISSUE- SUPER URGENT-CURVE 8310

After you deleted those apps, did the device prompt you to reset it? If not remove the battery for about 30 seconds and wait till the device finishes rebooting. Afterwards can you tell us what your free space number is?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ok Im either an **bleep** or a genius lol

I did a master reset and its working like a dream

as long as it stays this way

now the only thing i have to do is get the memry card working thanks so much

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Your welcome. Usually if it does not prompt you to reset it you can reset it by removing the battery to reclaim all your memory back. Just be aware that as you use apps, your memory will slowly decrease over time, but resetting will always get it back
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8320 / 9530

since she stated that she bought a memory card and that did not solve the issue, chnaces are she pulled the battery to inser the memory card.

now as for your memory card click on options- media, click on menu button and choose format. this will make the media compaticble with the BB.

the memory card is only for storage of pics, ringtones, mp3s, documents.

depends on your BB software, depends on the size of card your BB will support