Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MESSAGE TONE QUESTION FOR 8330 CURVE (VERIZON)

I have waded thru most of the board and have not found the answer to my question -so here it goes. I understand that I can select individual ringtones for my contacts for when they CALL, but can I do the same for when they text message me?   IE-when Sally sends me a message I hear Mariah Carey, but when Tommy sends me a message I hear Guns-N-Roses. I had this ability on my old phone and it really helped-I knew exactly who had sent me a message without having to pull my phone out.  And I knew whether it was a call or a text.  can I have it both ways? Or am I stuck with one or the other??
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: MESSAGE TONE QUESTION FOR 8330 CURVE (VERIZON)

This question has been asked many times (i personally would love it too)

But alas so far it seems no, you can't have different ringtones for text from different people.

I'm yet to really explore 4.5 and 4.6 os software so maybe they have updated the option in these releases.

I know there is a third party app that you can download to allow it, you will have to search through this forum to find the thread though..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: MESSAGE TONE QUESTION FOR 8330 CURVE (VERIZON)

I'm pretty sure there are dozens of third party applications to do that. Maybe you can look at what can "Blackberry Alerts" do ?

http://www.bbymelsoftware.com/bbalerts/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: