Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kismeras
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

MMS Video format

Hey all. I have the BB handheld software 4.5.0.55 on my Tmobile 8320 Curve. I can record videos and watch them on my BB. However, when i send them to my wife who also has the same phone she can not open the videos. They are saved as *.3gp files. When she tries to open the video in the mms it says that the file format is not supported. How can that be? The phone made the video in that file format and it can play it back perfectly fine...so why can't it plai it in an mms? Thanks.
New Contributor
kismeras

Re: MMS Video format

Bump. Am i the only one with this issue?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

are you sure the mobile phone of your wife can read 3GP files ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
kismeras

I made the file with my phone. I can view the video, but if i send it as an mms it wont show. It says unsupported file format. I am sending it to my wifes phone via mms and she has teh same exact phone with the same version O/S. There is no reason why she should not be able to view the video. She can make videos with her phone as well and they are 3gp files. When she sends them to me via MMS we have the same problem. I cna not open the file because the format is not supported even though my phone makes video files in that format. Anyone know why this coud be?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

okay it's an easy answer.
The MMS service at T-Mobile does not support that 3GP file format. There's a table here :

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase/root/public/tm21396.htm

you can use email instead.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
kismeras

Xandrex, thank you.