Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
chris42
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

MMS picture "Download Now" then "Receiving Content" then never finishes. SOLUTION: remove battery

Blackberry 9330 purchased last night at Best Buy. Received texts fine over first 16 hours.  Then first text with a picture works fine.  Second text with picture doesn't show picture but shows button saying "Download Now".  I click it, it says "Receiving content...", stays there for a while (minute+) until the screen goes blank, but never does anything nor gives any feedback.  No new picture in Pictures or anywhere else I can find.

No apps installed, same memory card (if it came with any), ALL STOCK except contacts+texts transferred over.

Remove battery fixes problem this time.

Is removing the battery for a BlackBerry like rebooting for Windows?  ie. it is the first solution because the system is so poor?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: MMS picture "Download Now" then "Receiving Content" then never finishes. SOLUTION: remove battery

chris42 wrote:

Is removing the battery for a BlackBerry like rebooting for Windows?  ie. it is the first solution because the system is so poor?

The system is superb. The correct method of hard resetting is to correct memory leaks and interaction between the OS and the combination of apps which may be installed, visible or hidden.

Have a look at this, noting that picture messages are not text messages

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F

Assuming that you do have a data plan then more information will be needed before making suggestions. Please provide as much as you are able of the the following

Blackberry Model.
Carrier Name.
Do you have a Data Plan?
Operating System Version go to Menu > Options > About - it looks like v5.0.0.681
Memory for Device and SD Card Options > Memory
Any error statement or code.
The Exact nature of problem - the more info the better.
When this started and whether it started just after an update or new App download and which App/s theme/s download.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
deyita623
My Device: CURVE 3G 9330
My Carrier: SPRINT

Re: MMS picture "Download Now" then "Receiving Content" then never finishes. SOLUTION: remove battery

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. I usually get my picture mail just fine without having to click anything, but lately I've been receiving that download button and have the same problem.

I have an unlimited data plan with Sprint, so this is weird. I usually don't have to press anything and now I do! And no pictures come out! Just a blank space! and sometimes I can't scroll up with that blank space in there.

I've had to reset my phone and SOMETIMES that works, but it's really annoying. I uninstalled some applications I had downloaded before that started happening (Word on the Go) and it didn't make any difference, I haven't updated any software.

Any reason why?

Curve 3G 9330

Sprint

Unlimited Data Plan

OS6.0 Bundle 1659 v 6.0.0.415, platform 4.4.0.314

Memory card total space 1.8gb, free space 1.7 gb

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Browser Push and make sure Enable Push, Enable MDS Push, Enable WAP Push and Allow WAP Push Applications are checked.

Please use plain text.
deyita623
My Device: CURVE 3G 9330
My Carrier: SPRINT

All of that was already on :smileysad:

thank you though.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400

It may be that their is a conflict between OS and an app.

I would consider reinstalling the OS and leaving out any suspect apps. Before that, it may be worth starting in Safe Mode

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17877

Please use plain text.