Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
jdavis503
My Device: Not Specified

MMS problem tried everything i know!

soo i should be able to send pictures, i have unlimited everything and all i get is a red X.

now i know i can send them as an email and im pretty sure that works(im sendin one now making sure).

Ive tried hard reset, took the battery out while on, searched all over the internet for some sort of answer and i did find someone that said sending service books might help, but i have done that before for a different problem but still couldnt send pics. (and yes it works if i send as email).

ive been trying to fix this problem for a long time now so can anyone PLEASE help me?

thanks

Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: MMS problem tried everything i know!

jdavis503 wrote:

soo i should be able to send pictures, i have unlimited everything and all i get is a red X.

now i know i can send them as an email and im pretty sure that works(im sendin one now making sure).

Ive tried hard reset, took the battery out while on, searched all over the internet for some sort of answer and i did find someone that said sending service books might help, but i have done that before for a different problem but still couldnt send pics. (and yes it works if i send as email).

ive been trying to fix this problem for a long time now so can anyone PLEASE help me?

thanks

What are you trying to send in a MMS?  Who is your carrier?  There are limitations in MMS.  The recipient may have MMS/SMS blocked on his/her account.  Let us know.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Contributor
jdavis503

im trying to send a picture, and i have picture size set for small..and i cant send to anyone not just one person. annndd i have horrible att
Super Contributor
jrdante

What format is the picture in?  Also does this occur with any picture?  How about text messages?

Contributor
jdavis503

its .jpg and i can send txts...but i send them as sms should i try an mms txt only? cuz im gonna.
Super Contributor
jrdante

SMS for text messages only 160 character limit.  MMS for picture with text, 1000 character limit.  If your still having trouble, call AT&T support, have them remove your MMS/SMS package, save their changes and then re-add them to your account.  Sometimes this will fix the problem.  Also, make sure the pic you are sending is not too large for MMS requirements.

Contributor
jdavis503

well i know the pictures isnt too big i have  the  size set for small... and i hate calling att i always feel like i know exactly what theyre going to say then its a dead end.

and they arent open today so maybe ill go into a store

Super Contributor
jrdante

jdavis503 wrote:

well i know the pictures isnt too big i have  the  size set for small... and i hate calling att i always feel like i know exactly what theyre going to say then its a dead end.

and they arent open today so maybe ill go into a store

What is the .jpg size.  OR Did you take the pic from a digital camera or the phone camera?

Contributor
jdavis503

i took it from the phone. so theres no reason it shouldnt send.
Super Contributor
jrdante

Head into the store then, try have the customer service rep do what I stated before.  I've seen it fixed many times like this.  Hope this info helps you out.