Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
thearons
My Device: Not Specified

Main Menu Icons

Just received my Blackberry Curve today.....somehow my "messages" icon on the main menu became hidden.  Can anyone give me some direction on how to bring it back so I can view my messages?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Main Menu Icons

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

From the home screen hit the menu key(spotted key) and it will show all icons. You can hit the menu key (spotted key) again and select show all.

Is the icon completely gone, or can you see a shadow copy of it when you look at all your icons?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Bifocals is right just press the Alt button before pressing Menu key.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thearons
My Device: Not Specified

It appears that the messages icon is there, but it is labelled as Saved Messages, and does not display text messages when one is sent to me.  I cannot send text messages back and for with someone.  Very confusing!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Just clcik on Alt button and then press Menu button -> slelect Show All. Now you'll be able to view all the application icon that are installed in your device. Some of them might be grayed or dimmed. Look for Messages icon there.

If you want to bring back any icon from dimmed stage then just roll the trackball on that icon and click Alt button -> click Menu button -> uncheck Show All.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

On your home screen you should have an Icon that just says messages depending on your theme it could look like mail envelope. This would be where all your messages would go, as you just got your phone today. Saved messages Icon is just that, any messages you opt to save will be sent there. The key being is you have to select it to save. This is not the mass queue for messages. You are looking for the MESSAGES icon.  For texting you would be looking for a blue ball with the spotted Blackberry symbol inside. The picture below shows a homescreen that may not look look yours, but shows the  Mail icon (first on left top row) and the Blackberry Messenger (last icon on right first row.) Notice the brackets around the messages icon, on the bottom is the title "messages". Do you have these Icons?

Let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.