Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

Managing contacts synchonization

I have unwittingly synchonized my BB contacts to a Hotmail email account, which means all my BB contacts are now in the Hotmail address book. I would like to remove them from my hotmail contacts, and tested I can so manually without affecting the BB contact list. But how and where do I change the BB settings, so it doesn't synchronize my BB contacts to the Hotmail address?  

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Managing contacts synchonization

Hi Woudenberg

You have to disable wireless contact synchronization from your device, try this :

For BlackBerry 7 and BlackBerry 6:

1. On your Homescreen Click on Setup > Email Accounts.
  2. Choose Internet Mail Account if prompted.
  3. Log in with the BlackBerry Internet Service account user name and password if prompted for it.
  4. Click on the email account and choose edit. ( Your Hotmail account ) 
  5. Scroll down to Synchronization Options and Uncheck or UNmark Contacts.
  6. Click on Save to apply the new settings
  7. Enter the email account password to activate the contact synchronization between the BlackBerry smartphone and the email account.

It will disable your contact sync with your Hotmail account. If you want to delete those contacts from your Hotmail account then login to hotmail on a desktop PC then delete thgose contact from there.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I have unchecked sync for the hotmail account on BB, but contrary to what I thought before, the contacts on Hotmail are not deleting, even though the option appears there and I click on it it nothing happens.
Elite II

Hi Woundenberg

Also make sure that Wireless Sync is disabled on your address book for that : 

1. Choose Contacts from the home screen.
  2. Click menu button and choose Options.
  3. Choose the appropriate contact list.( Hotmail account ) 
  4.  UNcheck or UNmark next to Wireless Synchronization then save it to Disable wireless synchronization.

Then delete those Contacts from Hotmail on your desktop 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

There isn't an option for Wireless Synchronization, only a Contact List for the hotmail account (this list has all the BB contacts), and no further options.

Elite II

Woudenberg wrote:

There isn't an option for Wireless Synchronization, only a Contact List for the hotmail account (this list has all the BB contacts), and no further options.

Hi Woudenberg

Look at step 3 . Choose your Hotmail account ( Hit enter over your Hotmail account ) it will pop up a screen ,on that screen make sure that " Wireless Contact Sync " is Unchecked or Unmark , then save it . 

Contributor

The only option I found was to uncheck Folders 'wireless reconciliation' in Messages, what is this function for?  That is not 'contacts' though, I realise.

Elite II

Dear Woudenberg

Are you opening the Message box ? Please click on Contacts or your Address book on your Homescreen > Then press the Menu key > Under header " Contact List " highlight your Hotmail accout > hit enter > On that screen Uncheck  Wireless Contact Sync. Then on your Dektop try deleting those Contacts. 

Contributor

I only opened Messages to check, because there isn't an option on the Contacts, I get to the email and it gives a 'contact list' only. 

Elite II

Woudenberg wrote:

I only opened Messages to check, because there isn't an option on the Contacts, I get to the email and it gives a 'contact list' only. 

Hi Woundenberg

If you have already disabled Sync options from your email setup options ,and under Contacts or address book that option is not available then it is already disabled ,So restart your device by removing the battery and also restart your PC then try deleting those contact from your hotmail account from your desktop pc.