Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Media Card Error

Hi

Follow all of the guidance offered above first.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I followed all the steps but when i got to Select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. A prompt came up saying I that I didn't have enough rights
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

reynoso13 wrote:
 A prompt came up saying I that I didn't have enough rights

You need to sign in to the computer as Administrator and repeat the process - or get your admin to do it.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN

I have had my Bold for alomost a year now and never had any problems. About 2 weeks ago I tried to take a photo and it wouldnt let me stating there was an error. I rebooted and now my phone will not read my media card. I have put it inot a friends phone and it has been formatted but even when i reinsert into my phone, my phone does not see it. Do I need to send it in?

When I connect my phone to my computer, it does not see it either. I cant upgrade the software either.

Please help.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi, I've sort-of got the same problem, its just a bit different. I have a Blackberry Curve 9330, and I had a 4GB memory card that I used with the phone. The first 4 months it worked, but 1 time when I inserted my media card into my phone, it says "you have insterted a media card that contains errors. Do you wish to repair these errors?" This is strange, because if I put the card into my computer, there are no problems. But when its in my phone, this message comes up. But then I select repair media card and I tick the "save lost clusters" box, it says "media card repair failed." Any help?
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: me

Media card repair failed blah blah blah.. im sick and tired of this nonsense! What if I don't have access 2 a laptop or computer to save files and then format?? I need a solution to this problem now where I can fix this with my phone!! This is totally unacceptable 4 a huge company like u guys! This **bleep** cannot be happening every second day!!!! I need a solution 2 this ASAP!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

HajiraB wrote:
Media card repair failed blah blah blah.. im sick and tired of this nonsense! What if I don't have access 2 a laptop or computer to save files and then format?? I need a solution to this problem now where I can fix this with my phone!! This is totally unacceptable 4 a huge company like u guys! This **bleep** cannot be happening every second day!!!! I need a solution 2 this ASAP!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm so sorry you are so upset...do please understand that content for this site is provided by volunteers...this site has nothing to do with your formal support channels. If you require such, then you should of course seek that out.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell if you have already tried what is already recommended above, specifically if you have tried a replacement media card...sometimes they just go bad.

But, if the problem is actually your BB hardware itself (e.g., the card reader itself has gone bad), then there is just no way to provide you what you desire...faulty hardware would naturally preclude an on-device solution, would it not? Further, if the hardware is faulty, then you indeed require formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code