Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
devpatram
My Device: blackberry curve 8350i
Accepted Solution

Media Card Error

I got an error on my Phone that states " A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors.  To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer. "  Can anyone help me?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Media Card Error

Hello!

Here is a KB that discusses what to do.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
devpatram
My Device: blackberry curve 8350i

Thank you that worked.  I appreciate your help.

Visitor
nissanguy
My Device: 8520

I have had a the same problem but I don't care to recover the data and pictures. Every time I reboot my phone I lose the entire contents of the media card. And on two ocassions the phone or the card would randomly have an error. I can not keep anything on my media card even if I re-format. For more than a couple of days. Should I replace the media card or could it be the phone that I need to replace?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

nissanguy wrote:
I have had a the same problem but I don't care to recover the data and pictures. Every time I reboot my phone I lose the entire contents of the media card. And on two ocassions the phone or the card would randomly have an error. I can not keep anything on my media card even if I re-format. For more than a couple of days. Should I replace the media card or could it be the phone that I need to replace?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Given your description, the answer to your question is yes -- it could be any of the things you have described. Only by going through a careful diagnostic process can you start to rule out causes and result in hopefully identifying the true root cause.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
EVERETT01
My Device: 8520 Curve

Hi

My error says;

'A media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer'

I have tried the advice where u go to my computer, right click on blackberry, go properties, tools, check now and click both but it gets half way, switches off my blackberry and the solid red light comes on and says failed to finish scan?

Can you please help?

J

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Sounds like you have a bad media card. The ways to be sure are several:

1. Obtain a new, known good, media card. See if the behavior repeats using it in your BB.
  2. Use this media card in a different known-good BB. See if the behavior repeats.
  3. Use a media card reader on a PC rather than interfacing via the BB.

Depending on the results of these attempts, you will be able to narrow down if it is the media card or the BB itself that is the problem.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
EVERETT01
My Device: 8520 Curve

I put the memory card in my old phone and it worked fine except when I went in a particular picture folder it seemed to go really slow and lag?

How would I use a memory card reader on my PC?

Cheers

James.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

EVERETT01 wrote:

I put the memory card in my old phone and it worked fine except when I went in a particular picture folder it seemed to go really slow and lag?

Depending on exactly what that is, it could be completely normal. On mine, it is always slow if I go to:

• Media > Pictures > Picture Folders

But, if I go to

• Media > Pictures> All Pictures

It's swift.

So, it's hard to know for sure if anything at all is wrong in your case.

EVERETT01 wrote:

How would I use a memory card reader on my PC?

Ummm...well, you'd buy a compatible memory card reader, install it to your PC (either USB or otherwise), and then put the memory card into the slot. Or do I misunderstand your confusion?

Given what you've so far described, I'm leaning toward your BB being the root cause. Can't say that 100% for sure, but that's where I'm leaning.

Awaiting more input from you...good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
reynoso13
My Device: Not Specified

I got a 8 gb card and when I try saving pictures it says its a reading file and when I download a video and I try playing it says error playing