Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager - Connected and Not

Blackberry Desktop manager indicates that the device is connected, shows the pin in the lower left of the window.

However when I log into Media Manager it says "There is no device connected. Please connect your device to show its contents."

Screen of Curve shows "Connected to desktop" as well, so I'm a little confused as to what is wrong. 

New Contributor

Re: Media Manager - Connected and Not

[ Edited ]
I'll add that I am having the same issue.  I am running Vista Ultimate on a Toshiba Laptop.  Blackberry Desktop Manager appears to be working fine (at least synch via cable and blue tooth).  Media manager doesn't work with cable attached.  It says there are no connected devices.  The Curve indicates it is connected to the desktop.  I have MMS enabled (doesn't make a difference to disable it).  The laptop has an on board Verizon WAN link and also uses  Synch Center to connect to an HP IPAQ and a Creative Labs Zen W.
Message Edited by bjbina on 05-31-2008 02:54 PM
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am having the same exact issue. WinXP, Dell laptop.

Anyone else been able to solve this problem?

Message Edited by Doublehelix on 05-31-2008 08:26 PM
New Contributor

I have done a lot of searching for the answer to this one, and so far, nothing. I have searched on the Blackberry and the Roxio sites, but have come up empty.

Does anyone have any ideas for us?

New Contributor

So far the best workaround I've found is to use another media tool (Real Player, Media Player, etc.) to manage files.  Windows Vista looks to have some functionality.  Media Player also works. I have a few issues but I think they are user error type things.  To connect it to your computer with th USB cable, make sure the Blackberry has the Media Card Support turned on. 

As far as Roxio for Blackberry, I have no clues at all. Additionally, I don't find where I can remove that part of Blackberry Desktop Manager if I would just like to be able to ignore that function (and save the disk space).

It would be awsome if someone from Blackberry actually steped up and gave us a few pointers here but that may be too much to ask. 

Have Fun!

Bruce

New Contributor

I have the Media Card Support enabled, but do not have an additional media card? Is this required? I thought there was some on-board memory that could be accessed in this way?

Once connected to the laptop, the phone does not show up as a drive or a mass-storage device, so maybe the meida card is required? Hmmmm....

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doublehelix wrote:

I have the Media Card Support enabled, but do not have an additional media card? Is this required? I thought there was some on-board memory that could be accessed in this way?

Once connected to the laptop, the phone does not show up as a drive or a mass-storage device, so maybe the meida card is required? Hmmmm....

DoubleHelix, 

I just removed the memory chip and have the same results as you have found.  Without the Micro SD chip, nothing appears to be able to access the BB memory for file transfers.

Bruce

Message Edited by bjbina on 06-01-2008 11:47 AM
New Contributor

bjbina wrote:

DoubleHelix, 

I just removed the memory chip and have the same results as you have found.  Without the Micro SD chip, nothing appears to be able can access the BB memory for file transfers.

Bruce

Bruce! You are Da Man! I am off to Best Buy to get a chip, and will report back. Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330- Sprint

I am having the same poblem. the desktop says i am connected and so does the phone, then the media manager says no devices detected. I have the 8g card in my phone as well. i am using windows xp. so one PLEASE help, this is frustrating.
New Contributor

n2xsru wrote:
I am having the same poblem. the desktop says i am connected and so does the phone, then the media manager says no devices detected. I have the 8g card in my phone as well. i am using windows xp. so one PLEASE help, this is frustrating.

There are references in other notes that BB doesn't support the 8 GB Micro SD chips yet. There are also references that indicate the if you format the 8 GB chip as a 4 Gb chip, that it will then be recognized.  I suspect you would have to plug the chip into a memory card reader in a PC or MAC to do the formatting.

Bruce